Thursday, November 21, 2013

Review of The Journey by Jamie Lynn Booth

This is a very powerful book.  The story grabs your heart and holds it through this entire woman’s journey.  I like a book that gets all of my emotions involved and this book did just that.  I felt like I was right there with the main character going through these ups and downs with her. 

This book deals with addiction.  It is the story of a woman’s journey of finding her way back to herself and her family.  She tries so hard and hits many obstacles along the way.  I was rooting for her the whole time and went through every emotional experience with her.  I was happy, sad, angry, disappointed, furious, worried, thrilled…. It was just very powerful. 

I am going to give this book 5***** because it is so close to the truth of what really happens in real life.  As I said, it took a hold of my heart and sucked me right in until the very end.  I felt like I didn’t breathe worried about this poor lady until the end of the book, when I finally was able to breathe a sigh of relief.

This is the first book I have read by this author, Jamie Lynn Booth, and I look forward to reading more by him.

No comments:

Post a Comment