Sunday, December 8, 2013

Muse by Erin McFadden: Review and Book Promo

From page one of this book, I was pulled in to a whole different world.  This book grabbed my attention from the very beginning and kept it the entire time.  I felt like I was right there with Daniel and Anna, getting to know them; like I was a part of their lives.  Not too many books can pull me into their world like that, but this one did an outstanding job!  I read this in a matter of hours and didn't want it to end.  I didn't want to stop reading about Daniel and Anna.  
This author is going on my list of favorites, and I am highly anticipating the next book.  Anyone who likes YA fantasy needs to read this book.  This book is captivating and is a real page turner.  I highly recommend this one and it definitely gets 5***** stars from me.




Title: Muse
Author: Erin Mc Fadden    
Genre: YA/NA Contemporary Fantasy
Tour Host:
Lady Amber's Tours





Book Description:
The Brotherhood of the Guardians has existed for thousands of years to serve a single purpose: the protection of Talents, the mortal descendants of the original nine Muses.  
Twenty-one year-old Daniel Lyoncourt has trained his entire life to join the Guardians. Daniel is prepared to risk his life in order to keep his Talent safe, but when he's assigned to nineteen year-old Anna Saint-James, he discovers that his life isn't the only thing he could lose. Anna has no idea how special she is and knows nothing about her abilities. He must teach her to control her gifts, keep her safe, and hope that he can find a place in her life as something more than just her bodyguard.
All power comes at a price. Like all Talents, Anna must one day make a choice: lose all of her powers, or ascend to a higher plane, leaving behind everyone she loves.


Author Bio:
Erin McFadden lives in Indiana with her husband, daughter, and their various pets. When not writing, she enjoys reading, doing craft projects, and spending time with family. Erin works in law enforcement and has a bachelor's degree in criminal justice and criminology from Ball State University.
            “Oh God. No. Oh no.” I laid my head down on the plaid comforter, willing away the image burned into my brain. Wavy strawberry blonde hair and big green eyes would haunt my dreams tonight. It was a curse, being placed with a Talent who looked like that. I already knew that I would give up my life for this girl. I would protect her with everything I had. Maybe it was genetic, or maybe it was my training. I'd have to guard my heart from her at the same time. If I fell for her, I'd never recover. Any woman I met for the rest of my life, I'd compare to her. Whether I wanted it or not, she would be my most important relationship. I could only hope that she would end up being worthy of the sacrifices I would inevitably have to make.




No comments:

Post a Comment