Saturday, September 6, 2014

Learning to Dance in the Rain by Melanie L. Bennett (my review and buy link)

I truly enjoyed reading this book by Melanie L. Bennett.  The story is about a year in the life of a girl who has autism.  The obstacles she overcame in that year were amazing.

I have a son who has autism so I could relate to this book on so many levels.  There were many times that I laughed out loud because I knew exactly what was going on, for having experienced it myself with my son.  I found myself cheering the family and caregiver on throughout the book and was really rooting for the girl to overcome certain obstacles.  I had tears in my eyes either from laughing or getting choked up as I went through this book.

I am so glad to have read this as it was nice to see someone else with similar challenges as my son.  It makes one feel not so alone on this journey.  I appreciate the author taking the time with this child in the book and for sharing the story with us readers.  It really was a great book with a good insight into the life of a child with autism. 

I highly recommend this book and give it 5 ***** all the way around.  It was excellent writing and well worth the read.  


No comments:

Post a Comment